Do Online Business Listing Directories Have Any Benefits To Small Businesses?
You’ve heard about Yellow Pages and why it was so important to be listed there so people can look you up. These days online business listing directories can offer your business similar exposure. What do you need to know about it and how can they help you?
What are online business listing directories?
An online business listing directory is a database that contains information about a company. It includes the website, address, contact number, email, and even reviews from customers.
Business listing directories can be a website or app that focuses on a particular niche. There they provide data about the business related to that industry.
Many directories usually list businesses for free. However, some require additional payment to unlock special features like placing a call to action buttons, locating multiple venues, and comments.
Benefits of online business listing directories:
People often hesitate to place their business to directory platforms because of misinformation that can lead to bad business. However, one has tons of advantages if they did list themselves to such sites.
- Website exposure. By placing your website in directories, you’ll gain a lot of exposure. Getting listed would amplify your online presence and put you ahead of the competition.
- Free or inexpensive advertising. As mentioned above, you can list your business for free or at a low cost. Advertising your business at this point can be beneficial because you can have optimal results at a low price.
- Improved local visibility. Directory sites can be filtered by location, thus, your prospects can see your business near their locality. You get to connect people near you and their community, thus boosting your customer visits.
- Boosts brand image. By constantly providing good service to your customers, you’ll be rewarded with positive reviews for your efforts. When more people see those five stars on your account, they’ll do more business with you.
- Boosts SEO. If you provide valuable information with appropriate keywords, Google can obtain insight into your website and rank you better. Your online business listing can be a great way to support existing information about your website, thus, generating more traffic to it.
- Networking through B2B. Other businesses can look you up and do transactions with you. If you want to partner with such organizations, listing your website in online business listings can give you higher chances of partnering with such companies.
- Improves trust and credibility. A published site in directory lists is seen to be a general trust factor to customers because you allow yourself to be searched on the web. Not to mention, some online directory sites have difficult business requirements. If your business gets past through that, then it just proves that you’re legit.
Are there any reasons why not to get listed in business directories? For some, it may cause spam and unwanted junk requests from other people. However, that’s not to say that getting listed is without advantages too.
Redcliffe Local Business Directory
We have a comprehensive business directory on our website The Redcliffe Peninsula where local businesses can list for free! For those interested, there are paid upgrades for adding extra information, logos and images.